This highly interactive course is designed for professionals who want to improve their communication skills by increasing their cultural competency. The course also assists professionals in clarifying their personal cultural awareness through self-assessment, and offers opportunities to explore cultural differences and likenesses. In addition, included activities provide the needed practice for developing collaborative relationships.
By the end of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of cultural competence in the workplace
- Analyze how values are developed
- Increase/develop knowledge of specific cultural groups
- Demonstrate strategies for effective cross-cultural communication
- Conduct personal action planning or increasing cultural competence
1 Full Day (8 hours with a 1 hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks)
- Law Enforcement
- First Responders
- Health Care Workers
Min: 10 Max: 25
Participants are eligible for 0.7 CEU’s upon completion of the full course.