This highly interactive course is designed for professionals who want to improve their communication skills by increasing their cultural competency. The course also assists professionals in clarifying their personal cultural awareness through self-assessment, and offers opportunities to explore cultural differences and likenesses. In addition, included activities provide the needed practice for developing collaborative relationships.
By the end of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of cultural competence in the workplace.
- Analyze how values are developed.
- Increase/develop knowledge of specific cultural groups.
- Demonstrate strategies for effective cross-cultural communication.
- Conduct personal action planning for increasing cultural competence.
Suggested Course Length
While we encourage the full course as designed, it can be tailored to fit your time constraints.
Participants are eligible for 0.6 CEU’s upon completion of the full day course.